Kelly & Joe
We were so happy to receive the following message from newlyweds Kelly and Joe after their beautiful wedding at Drexelbrook:
“Our wedding truly was the best day ever and we have the amazing staff from Drexelbrook to thank for that. They went above and beyond to make the day absolutely fabulous!!”
We also received more kind words from the mother of the bride as well:
“I can not begin to thank you for the most incredible job you and your staff did truly making it the ‘BEST DAY EVER” for Kelly, Joe and our family. It was perfect in every way at Drexelbrook and we are most grateful for all the hard work that you all put into it……we received so many compliments about how great the food was, first wedding people were at the the dinner was actually hot and delicious, the staff was top notch and on and on and on.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart we are so very grateful.”
Kelly recounted the journey that brought her and Joe to their wedding day at Drexelbrook. Her and Joe shared with us this insight on their love story:
“Little did we know when we went on our first date to Sligo in Media, PA that we would be married in just a few short years. We also didn’t know that after we were married we’d be living in Media, right down the street from our first date spot!
When we began to plan the wedding we didn’t realize how much time and effort was required, so we were so thankful to have Jeannie and the Drexelbrook staff to guide us on our journey. We knew the minute we saw Drexelbrook it was the perfect place!
On the big day, the ambiance and beautiful décor in the Grand Ballroom was only outdone but the impeccable service from the Drexelbrook staff.
We needed a room that could hold over 250 of our family and friends, but we didn’t want it to feel like a cavernous space. Kelly has different groups of friends from grade school, high school, college and work, while Joe has basically been friends with the same people for 25 years. Kelly has a larger family than Joe, but we wanted it to feel like everyone was part of one big family and Drexelbrook offered the perfect solution, giving our guests plenty of room, but also making it feel like one big family gathering.
When guests weren’t dancing, they were eating. Each and every guest raved about the incredible food from the street taco station at the cocktail hour to the perfect braised beef for dinner, Drexelbrook’s culinary team pulled out all the stops to make it an evening to remember.
We had such a fabulous time on our wedding day that we often joke we’d like to do it all over again, and we wouldn’t change a thing.”
Kelly and Joe had a fabulous wedding, and we wish that we could host them again as well! We wish them all the best as they continue their lives together as a married couple.
Featured Menu Items
- Cocktail hour Hors d’Oeuvres including Chicken Tinga Street Tacos and a Slider Station including Black Angus Burgers and Pulled Buffalo Chicken, paired with our Homemade Kettle Truffle Chips.
- Butlered Hors d’Oeuvres including Philips Farm Three Mushroom Tarts with Goat Cheese & Leeks, Buffalo Chicken Empanadas with Cool Ranch Dip, and Sea Scallops wrapped in Pepper Bacon
- A choice of Entrées between Pan-seared Tuscan Chicken Breast, Pan-seared Atlantic Salmon with Maple Mustard, or Slow Braised Beef Short Rib.
- Dessert Stations including Drexelbrook’s Signature Sundae Bar, featuring Hand-Spun Vanilla & Chocolate Ice Creams served with Hot Fudge & Strawberry Sauces, multiple Candy Toppings, Cherries, Whipped Cream, Toasted Coconut, Drunken Bananas, Sprinkles, and more
- A “Sweet Ending” treat for guests to take home, featuring our Chef’s Selection of either Warm Cookies, Chocolate Mousse Parfaits, S’Mores, Chocolate Dipped Pretzels, Tiramisu, Petit Fours, or Decadent Truffles
A special thanks to the talented team at Jennifer McHugh Photography for snapping these breathtaking photos of the big day.