Francine & Nicholas
Francine & Nicholas tied the knot in June, 2022 and had their wedding reception at The Drexelbrook. They kindly shared the start of their love story and what they loved about celebrating their big day in our Grand Ballroom!
“Nick and I met on online (thanks eHarmony!) in April 2019. That August I went on vacation with his family to Cape May, NJ and we argued about baby names. We both knew then we were probably going to get married. I moved in with him that October and by December we stated what our ideal time-line to marriage would be. Nick proposed in April 2021 at my parents’ house. We always do Sunday dinner there. When we arrived my mom was going a bit nuts, more so than usual, worried about what serving bowls she was using etc. I thought it was because my uncle who lives in Greece would be joining us for dinner. Turns out Nick had his family come up to be included in the engagement. He kept them outside on the side of the house so I wouldn’t see them. I was doing something when everyone disappeared out of the kitchen. Nick called me into the living room to help him with something and when I walked in both families were smushed in the room and he got down on one knee. I was eating a piece of tomato pie when I walked in so I quickly had to throw it down and get a napkin to wipe my fingers off!”
The Grand Ballroom at The Drexelbrook is ideal for weddings with larger guest lists. The Moore’s had about 250 guests at their reception, making The Drexelbrook the perfect spot for the special occasion!
“The size of our wedding was limiting us on where we could hold it and The Drexelbrook had great flexibility. And as I mentioned before, the style and décor were what we were looking for. Most of the other ballrooms we toured were nice but outdated. All of the rooms at the Drexelbrook were clean, fresh, elegant and modern, but not too modern. Also, everyone raved about cocktail hour.”
It wouldn’t be a party without plenty of food! High quality cuisine & excellent service are two things you can always expect when you choose to have any aspect of your wedding day at The Drexelbrook!
“The food was delicious. I never had seen an option before for having a pasta dish in leu of salad. I hate lettuce and most vegetables so when I saw that we could have alfredo, I was like oh we are definitely picking this place! Lastly, the service was great. I forget their names, but two ladies followed me around all night asking if I needed anything, reminded me of the time for cake cutting etc. When I was out of a drink, they brought me a new one. Just so sweet and really made a difference!”
Congratulations, Francine & Nick!
Thank you for choosing The Drexelbrook to be the venue for your very special day!
Featured Menu Items:
Butlered Hors D’Oeuvres Including:
- Spicy Avocado & Roasted Apple in Quinoa Cup; Cucumber Round with Red Pepper Hummus; Spinach & Artichoke Bite with Lemon Peppercorn Cream; Wild Mushroom Arancini with Smoked Tomato Coulis.
- Cocktail Franks in Puff Pastry with Dijon Mustard; Cheese Steak Spring Rolls with Spicy Ketchup & Chipotle BBQ; Vanilla Salt Beef Wellingtons with Horseradish Cream.
- Chicken, Cranberry & Walnut Salad in Phyllo Cup; Buffalo Chicken Bite with Cool Ranch Dip; Grilled Smoked Chicken, Bacon & Pepper Jack Cheese
- Quesadillas with Zesty Margarita Crème
- Mini Lump Crab Bon-Bons with Smoked Paprika Aioli; Seared Sesame Tuna with Pickled Ginger & Wasabi Cream on a Rice Cracker; Sea Scallop wrapped in Pepper Bacon; Coconut Crusted Shrimp with Mango Horseradish Puree.
Served Entrees Including:
- Farmers Pan-Roasted Chicken Breast topped with Roasted Pear, Apple and Cranberry Compote with Fresh Rosemary
- New York Strip Steak Pan-Seared, Porcini Dusted with Shallot Butter
Planning an event and want to learn more about The Drexelbrook?
Contact us today to get started!